Monday, October 3, 2011

Pin It

The Colors of Fall

Fall container kale pumpkin


Fall is here at last! I love the reds, golds, oranges and purples this time of year. Every autumn I vow to put more color in my garden. I’m not there yet, but I’ll keep trying.

There are lots of options beside the burning bushes (euonymus alatus) that so many people have. I especially love smoke bush (cotinus coggygria), oak leaf hydrangeas and some of the viburnums. Of course, you have to have some sedums and mums as well, just to liven things up.

Here are some photos I hope will inspire you. Enjoy!



Golden Spirit smokebush fall color
Golden Spirit smokebush


Alice oakleaf hydrangea fall color
Alice oak leaf hydrangea


Prairie Flame sumac fall color
Prairie Flame shining sumac
Limelight hydrangea flower in fall
Limelight hydrangea


Bloodgood Japanese maple
Bloodgood Japanese maple
Autumn Blaze maple
Autumn Blaze maple
By Karen Geisler

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful photos! Can you tell us what plants they are?

Hortiholic said...

Anonymous -- Thanks for your comment. I have added the plant names to the pictures. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share: